Friday, August 8, 2008

TIME.........

How many of us have recently sat and looked at our children (or in my case....my child) and wondered where has the time gone!

I think we are all so busy with the day to day routines and 'madness' of what needs to be done, that we lose track of 'time'.

Here is a story behind a beautiful song:




Now, here is the beautiful song, 'Cinderella' by Steven Curtis Chapman:


Now, as Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story:


Last night, on Larry King, I watched the Chapman family, first Steven and his wife, and then the three older children, including Will, the son that has to live with the fact knowing he was driving the car, that caused the fatal injuries.

I was so proud to be in God's family with them and their continued faith, that the mercy of our God is getting them through, day by day and moment by moment.

And now there is my daughter....where have the 16 years gone? It took us 21 years after marriage to have her....and now in a few short years....she will be gone!

Here is our darling daughter at her 14th birthday party.......




notice the headband.....I guess it's my fault the child loves to wear something on her head, because I loved buying outfits with hats......



this one she 'borrowed' for the picture, because, oh, my, she had a 'naked' head!




And this one she was happy to model the hat mom had made for her!




This was a picture 'dad' snapped of her for an id card we made for her school trip to Washington, DC.



And this one of her 'compitition' of Guitar Hero at the famous Moulton, AL 'Chicken and Egg' Festival!




And now our Cinderella prepares for the ball---actually it is the Bob Jones Homecoming dance--but notice the 'crown' on her head!





And then along comes this BOY!!!

But look at that smile on her face!





And now they are together alot!




Is HE her prince charming? Is this the one God has chosen to be there for her? I don't know, but I do know he comes from a good family that has raised him in a Christian home and church and has impressed on him good morals and the imporatance of education.

To end this today, I want to say, don't miss an opportunity to enjoy those moments we still have together....whether it be with our parents, siblings, spouses, children and friends......we never know when the time we see them will be the last, until we cross over..and we must never ignore God's timing in spreading the 'Good News'.....




I miss you my friend!



Majesty(Here I am) - Delirious

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!