Monday, August 25, 2008

When........

was the last time you really prayed?



Was it at dinner....because it was a habit.....



or was it during critical times and you knew you needed intervention to change something?



I once heard that prayer does one of two things. It either changes the circumstances your going through or gives you the Power to go through it!


Why is it we don't turn to God during the good times as much or as automatically as we do during bad times?






Have you ever listen to a little child's goodnight prayer? My daughter use to bless everyone and everything....sometimes because she was that sweet, and honestly, sometimes because she didn't want to go to sleep yet!

I recently saw a sign on a church that said:

The Power inside me is greater than the task ahead of me!

That power is the Holy Spirit, paid for by the death of Jesus Christ on the cross for all of us!

Prayers are always answered. Sometimes things change, sometimes we need to wait for God's timing and sometimes it's 'NO, but here is MY amazing strength to get you through this!'

I KNOW one thing........

Photobucket

I'm more a constant prayer than a formal, sit down (can't kneel anymore--bad knees), bow your head and don't get up for an hour kind of prayer! I find my morning prayers go better if I journal them, and I have a list close by to remind me of things I've said I would pray for, or people I need to include.

I'm also trying to use God's words to pray back to Him,


it's a great lesson and His words and promises are great.

If I try to pray off the top of my head, my mind starts to stray! I think of what going on with Laura and school,


if I need to get something from the store


and any other chores that pop into my mind

and before long


and I'm

until I make it about God! Anyone else have that problem? I'm in training, but I know it's a process, or as Joyce Meyers say, I'm not where I want to be, but praise God, I'm not where I was!

I'm going to use a youtube item that our music minister sent as an encouragement of an upcoming celebration of our church. I truly believe each one of these people had to be in prayer and received God's amazing strength to air their 'dirty laundry' and praise God for their new robes He supplied! Get the tissue boxes out!


My cardboard testimony:

Drunk for
18 years!

By the Grace
of God
Sober for 19!

God can change the whole world and here is only one plan to do it:

Psalm 67 (New International Version)

1 May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine upon us,

2 that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.

3 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.

4 May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples justly
and guide the nations of the earth.


5 May the peoples praise you, O God;
may all the peoples praise you.

6 Then the land will yield its harvest,
and God, our God, will bless us.

7 God will bless us,
and all the ends of the earth will fear him.

We have local elections tomorrow and just in a few months we choose new power in the White House. I ask everyone to bow and ask God to lead their decisions. Not the polls, not the news casters and not the politicians, but give the power to God and let Him choose our next leader.


Christian


May God bless you all!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!