Monday, November 10, 2008

How honest are you?

Our church recently had our 10th Birthday party. Before the celebration, our music worship leader, thought it would be great to show how God had changed lives in our church. She had seen a YouTube video on 'cardboard testimonies'. They are 'short and sweet' and were very moving. Not long after she put out the call, she personally contacted me through email and asked if I would participate. Again, without much 'thought' (which was a good thing) I felt God saying, tell the world what I did for you!

This means showing the ugly pit you dug for yourself! These are people I see at least once a week in the 'house of God'! Who wants to see the nasty part of my life? Who wants to remember and share something like that?!? But isn't that how God advertises? Doesn't everybody want to be known by their successes?

So here is my church, and I, my husband and my daughter are the last ones to show our struggles. I'm handicapped, so I wasn't on the stage, but she wanted to use me anyway.


Cardboard Testimonies from Jan Owen on Vimeo.

Well, if that doesn't tear you up, and stir up any emotions in you, I don't know how much hope there is for you!

I want to thank Jan Owen, our worship minister, for listening to God, and for putting together this video and her son Daniel, who video taped it and edited it. What a day it was! The picnic afterwards, was great and the day was perfect! God must have been pleased to see His children be so faithful to share their dark times and how we now live in His light.

You are never too gone, and it is never too late......all you have to do is ask, repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and ask Him to live inside you! Then find a good Bible teaching church and read the Bible and follow the word. Don't wait until you clean your life up--it's never going to happen, and God can do it with the twinkle of an eye!

God Bless!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!