Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm being stretched......AGAIN!

$450 Billion dollars! I'm an old accountant, and it would take me awhile to figure out how many zero's to put on the back of that figure, if I were to write it out!

$10 Billion dollars! Another large number....and what are the significance of these numbers you ask!


Watch this:



Advent Conspiracy Intro - 2008 from Robert Terrell on Vimeo.

This was played at our church on Sunday.

As I pulled out, I thought of all the diseases that our country fights. Heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, alcoholism, drug addiction, obesity and the list goes on....but isn't clean water plentiful here. I would be starteled if the number of people dying from dirt water was high in this country.

Laura, my 16 yr old and I began talking about what we had seen on the screen (the above video) and how we could make things. She has a soap maker and just bought a 'tye-dye' kit. Of coarse, I knit a crochet and do some plastic canvas things....so gifts and ideas were just poor out of our mouths. Then I said, I wonder how much of that $450 billion dollars is later claimed on bankrupcy and never collected...and then we end up paying more for items at the store!?!

Our intrum pastor, Richard, is really making us all think! Just because it's always been done that way, don't make it right!



Have you ever heard this (supposedly) true story? Once there was a woman who cut the front part off her ham before placing it in the oven. The woman's daughter asked her, "Mommy, why do you cut off the front part of the ham?" The mother thought for a minute and said, "Well, I don't know. I suppose I do it because my mother always did. I'm sure she had a good reason. I'll have to ask her why." The next Sunday she visited her mother, the child's grandmother. "Mom," asked the mother, "Why did you always cut off the front part of the Christmas ham? The older woman sat and thought a moment. "Well, I'm not sure. I did it because my mother always did. Why don't we ask her?" Granny was sitting by the window in the living room when the three generations of women approached her. "We have to know," said the mother, "why you always cut the front part of the ham off before putting it in the oven?" "What?" asked the old woman, moving closer to hear more clearly. "Why do you cut off the end of the ham before baking it in the oven?" they repeated. "We know there must be a very good reason. Do the juices flow better? Do you get a better flavor? Does it cook more evenly?" The old woman laughed. "Oh, no, no, no, dear," she said. "It's simpler than that. Cutting off the end of the ham was the only way it could fit in my little oven."

Now my big question is, how do you please non-christian families that are very materalistic?

Got the answer?

Well, if you do....please share! I'm praying on this one, because I always get very nice gifts and think it would totally hurt their feelings to ask for not so much. And when you get something that you know cost alot (we got a new GPS tracker for the car last year).... you really feel you must give them something just as nice in return.

Well, let's take Thanksgiving now! It's just around the corner...and it means eating! Now that's what I call a holiday.....but wait.....I forgot....I'm on a diet! Oh dang!

Well, as bad as that is (turkey is a very good diet food), think of the day the Turkey is having! Is that known as his 15 minutes of fame?!?

I have a cartoon for you:





Don't ya just love it!?!

Well, I've said my peace and believe this is what I was suppose to do today!

May God Bless!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!