Thursday, April 22, 2010

Twice in one day--the Lord is getting busy with me!

Photobucket

Why did I post this? To give praise to God--He did what I couldn't imagine--gave me a day of sobriety--21 years ago--and then another and another...up until today! As my daughter posted it on facebook last night....

The Lord is my strength! With him with me who can be against me!

Out of my babies mouth! Praise God!

16 April 1989...my first AA meeting! WOW! A life-changing day! God is in control--not my co-pilot--but my pilot!

Photobucket

This is the only way it happened. God listens to ALL prayers and answers ALL prayers--sometimes the answer is NO--or not yet! In Gods' way and is Gods' time is always the best!

What I do in the flesh--doesn't count--what I do in faith--in His shadow--is all that matters!

AA has alot of sayings, and as they say at the meetings, take what you need and leave the rest behind.

It has changed from 'one day at a time' (actually, sometimes it was minute at a time!) to......

'The further you get from your last drink....the closer you get to your next drink!'

There's a NEXT drink?

I pray to God, that I am in His presence when my next drink is due!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!