Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm going to take a different path today......

The Narrow and Wide Gates

Matthew 7:13-14 NIV
13."Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14.But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.


This is the NLT translation...maybe for those that don't know what gate the NIV was talking about!


The Narrow Gate
13 "You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell* is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.14 But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it.





Normally, I have a message and some well chosen pictures and some funny stuff to add to it, but today my heart is heavy.

I want to know if I am the woman God intends me to be. Not the woman He wanted me to be yesterday, or the woman He expects me to be tomorrow.....but right at this moment in time.....do I fall short?

I know I fall short of who I--in the flesh want to be! I'm not as pretty, or rich or skinny as I WANT to be....but again, I'm a work in progress!

But am I who God wants me to be. I don't even know if people read my ramblings, unless I email them and tell them I felt a spiritual thing in my soul to share something. Then I think most of my friends read it.

But should that be important? Shouldn't it be enough that I am obedient to God and do what He want me to do?

And what in the world has made me re-evaluate at this point in my life?

I think it has been a series of things.

First, the loss of my dear friend, and pastors wife, to suicide!

Second, the loss of our pastor, who 18 months after his wife's death, leaves the church.

Third, an interim minister who has brought healing to a broken church.

Fourth, an awesome series through our church of 'No Perfect People'

Fifth, the sermon of Paul Washer, which I have included below.

Sixth, the Mother's Day gift from my daughter, of a Study Bible in the NIV translation.

and Seventh, the group on Raverly, Bible in 90, which has me digging into the Bible in an extremely pleasant way.

These have all taken place in the last 25 months. But it has also taken 'work' on my part to have the desire to be healed and to grow.

I was very fortunate to have been given the parents I had. My mom is 86 and has Alzheimer's, but has enjoyed a fairly healthy life. My dad went home to be with the Lord 10 years ago, and also had Alzheimer's. My dad was an alcoholic, but not a mean alcoholic. He was a very positive person, and that has always shaped my attitude about things. His values and morales where high and well placed. I miss him and can't wait to have another one of his long bear hugs!

My walk with the Lord was non-existent until I came to my present church. Oh, I attended church regularly as a child.....but I had a drug problem.....I was drug to church! I attend some after being married, and then it was only on special occasions and religious holidays.

Then I came to this church in Alabama, and I knew I had met people who cared about my soul! They told me to READ the Bible. I'd always been told that the minister would interpret the Bible for me. After all, he spent years studying it. But learning that it has God's breath in it, and He has a message, just for me, every time I open it! It's unbelievable.....until you live it!

Well, I think this is long enough for today, but I leave you with Paul Washer! A man who loves God and wants everyone to hear the truth....it will set you free!

No comments:

Thanks for stopping by...



Free Hit Counters

Free Hit Counters

Most of these thoughts and words are not mine. I have the Holy Spirit alive in me....and often have no idea what is going to be written until I read it as it is being typed. It's awesome!

Do you believe in a higher power?

My Higher Power

My Higher Power
I owe sooo much........everything!

About Me

My photo
I love my life...most of the time. Daddy always said, these are the cards you've been dealt, no re-dos, do the best with what you've got! I sure did love that man!